Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth of July

So this weekend my family and I went away to Massachusetts for a fourth of Julypicnic. I decided that I wouldnt take my phone along that way I could really enjoy myself and think about some things. Well I had time to think and when I did check my phone today I had multiple messages from my girlfriend. She was worried that I may be mad at her, when in fact that was not the case at all. By doing that it shows me that she's very clingy, if she can't go two days without talking to me. I'm seenteen and I don't know if I am ready to be that commited to someone. I need my space, I need to be able to be with my friends and family without her feeling left out. I do include her in many things but i need time for me too. She's a big part of my life but she can't be every part and I wish she would relize that. I want to talk to her about it but I don't want to upset her and I don't want her to think I don't love her but I need a break. A week where we just don't talk and we do things on our own. I need that time to think about us and just be able to relax and breathe. Not having to worry about calling her or answering to her. It may sound selfish but that's what I need right now if this relationship is ever going to work. I just don't know how to ask for a break.
In other news today the picnic was a blast until we decided to leave and my mother was sick. So instead of being able to go back home to Connecticut, we had to stay another night at the hotel. I understand she's sick but it's a sickness she could have prevented. She bitches and yells and tells me not to smoke yet she can go and down a half bottle of tequilla? It's her life and I don't try and force her decisions, I try not to even judge but what gives her the right to try and force my decisions? I had to extend my stay and take care of her and my brother because of her choices. Yet I don't even get to make my own decisions? If I'm old enough to take care of a 10 year old and a drunken 43 year old, should I not be able to take care oof myself? Make my own mistakes? Deal with stress the way I would like too? Its just funny that she thinks she can make better decisions for me than I can make for myself. Please just let me live as I please you hypocrite.

No comments: