Thursday, October 23, 2008

Through Glass

Photobucket



How much is real? So much to question. An epidemic of the mannequins contaminating everything. When thought came from the heart, it never did right from the start. Just listen to the noises, no more sad voices. Before you tell yourself it's just a different scene, remember it's just different from what you've seen. - Stone Sour

Those are probably my favorite song lyrics of all time. They say so much with so little words. Granted the song is amazing anyways but this is my favorite verse. It really touches me i guess, if that's the right word. I can relate to it a grate deal. When reading it without the rest of the song it does not make the same impact but it still says a lot. It tells of someone that is judging another person. Yet, this person has no right to judge because those two people are similar or the same in some sense. It is kind of like the saying people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, except it has much deeper meaning. The words are all so real and full of emotion. In a way this song is like the soundtrack to my life. I'm dealing with a lot of different issues. One of them being that so many different people are judging me, when they face the same difficulties I do. They aren't any better then I am. Were all the same in some way. And for you to sit there on your pedestal and judge me, is not right. Step down, baby, because you don't belong. Your not perfect and neither am I. I don't deserve to be looked down upon or pitied. I am who I am and for the most part I'm proud of that. I have made mistakes but I'm willing to stand up to them and learn from them. I don't consider myself any better then anybody else and that's how it should be. There is no need to judge or ridicule others. Because in the end it won't matter what anybody thought of you, all that will really matter is what you thought of yourself.

No comments: